Nitelog 2.0 Quick Start Guide
Before You Start
You will need the following items near by in order to complete this process.
- Your mobile device- iOS or Android smart cell phone or tablet.
- Your Z1® or Z2 Auto™ CPAP device and power cord or charged PowerShell® and battery.
- Access to your email account by computer or cell phone.
1. Download the App
Apple iOS phone or iPad
- Go to the App Store. Search for “Breas Nitelog”. Download the Nitelog App.
- Make sure the Bluetooth on your iOS device is turned on under the Settings menu.
Android Phone or Tablet
- Go to the Google Play Store. Search for “Breas Nitelog”. Download the Nitelog App.
- Make sure the Bluetooth on your Android device is turned on under the Settings menu.
For Both iOS and Android
- Plug in the Z1 or Z2 using the power cord or PowerShell.
2. Create Free Account
- Select “Sign Up With Email” to sign up and create a new account.
- Enter your First and Last Name
- (iOS) Enter your date of birth by clicking the field and scrolling to the correct date.
- (Android) Enter your date of birth by clicking the year to scroll to the correct one. Then click on the arrows (< Month >) to select the correct month. Click on the correct day on the calendar. Press OK.
3. Create Password
A password is needed to create the Nitelog account.
- Enter your email and the password for your new Nitelog account.
Note: the password must be at least 8 characters, contain at least 1 uppercase letter and at least 1 number.
- Press “SIGNUP”
- A verification code will be sent to your email. Enter the code on the mobile device screen.
4. Sign in
- Sign in to Nitelog using the email address and password you just created.
- Check “Save my login info” to make future logins easier.
5. Pair device to phone
- Press the Menu icon (≡) in the upper left hand corner of the Dashboard Screen.
- Select “Current Device” from the menu.
- Click “Find Device”.
Your CPAP device will appear under Available Devices as “Breas” followed by the last 4 digits of the serial number.
If you do not see any devices listed verify that the Bluetooth is turned on for both the mobile device and the Z1/Z2 CPAP device. See Troubleshooting Tips below.
- Select your CPAP device by clicking on “Breas####”
A passcode that you create is used to pair your phone to your CPAP. We recommend you use a four digit number that is easy to remember.
- Click “Forgot Password” to create this passcode number the first time.
- Enter your 4 digit number using the number pad on the screen.
- Click “SAVE”
After you click on SAVE, you have 20 seconds to confirm the connection by pressing and holding the Start / Stop button on your Z1/Z2 CPAP. You will see a countdown on the App screen.
- Press and hold the Start Stop button on your Z1/Z2 CPAP.
6. Sync data for first time
- Select “Yes” to sync your sleep data on your CPAP to the Nitelog App. Syncing may take several minutes the first time if there is a lot of data.
- Click “OK” when the data download is complete.
Now you can use the Nitelog App to control your Z1/Z2 Auto, view your sleep data and generate a Compliance Report. Visit https://breas.us/nitelog-user-guides/ for complete instructions on using the Nitelog App.
Check the following if the App does not connect to the CPAP device.
- Verify that Bluetooth is turned on on the Z1/Z2. Look for bt-on in the rotating values on the screen above MINUTES with the CPAP plugged in.
To turn on the Bluetooth, unplug the Z1/Z2. Press and hold the up button while inserting the power cord.
- Verify the Bluetooth is turned on on the mobile device. Go to Settings on the phone or tablet and confirm that the Bluetooth is turned on.
- Turn everything off and then on again. Unplug the Z1/Z2 CPAP and plug it back in. Exit the Nitelog App and restart the app.
- Check your mobile device version against the compatibility list below. Due to variations in the mobile device systems it is very difficult to be compatible with all Android devices. If you have a large amount of data, the connection may get dropped before completion. Keep trying to connect and sync. It may take more than one try depending on the Android system.
Compatible iOS Systems: Z2 Firmware 22.214.171.124 and later (manufactured after June 1, 2020). iOS iPhone 6s through iOS 11 or later.
Z1 and Z2 Autos manufactured before June 1, 2020 may have an issue connecting to iPhone 11s. Z2 Firmware 126.96.36.199 corrects this issue. It does not affect the performance or functionality of the Z1 or Z2. To get your firmware upgraded by the manufacturer, Breas Medical, go to https://breas.us/z1-z2-firmware-upgrade/ and complete the form.
Compatible Android Systems: Android Rev 5.1 (Lollipop) or later.
Known Incompatible Systems: One Plus Android Phones
This Nitelog Quick Start Guide provides information on how to connect the proprietary mobile app, Nitelog, to the Z1 Auto or Z2 Auto via its embedded Bluetooth capability. Please note all Z1 and Z2 functions can be controlled without the use of this mobile app directly through the Z1 Auto or Z2 Auto device. Nitelog is compatible with both Z1 Auto and Z2 Auto CPAP systems from Breas Medical.
This Nitelog Quick Start Guide is meant to supplement the information in the Z1 Auto User Guide or Z2 Auto User Guide that was provided with the purchase of the Z1 Auto CPAP or Z2 Auto CPAP. It is not intended to replace the User Guide. As such, the owner/user of the Z1 or Z2 Auto System is responsible for reading and understanding the User Guide.
Complete instructions on using the Nitelog App can be found online at https://breas.us/nitelog-user-guides/